Yes, PhotoSpring connects to your iCloud photos through your smartphone or computer. As long as the following is true, you will be able to pull down photos from your iCloud account:
- You install the PhotoSpring app on your computer or iPhone
- Your computer or iPhone is syncing with iCloud
Here's how it works.
- You Apple device has either the original or a thumbnail of the original photo.
- When PhotoSpring tries to download the original - it works as expected
- If only a thumbnail exists on your Apple device, then the device first downloads the original from iCloud before handing it over to PhotoSpring app to load.