In many hotels and planned communities Internet access is provided by the property management. However in order to access the Internet you not only have to connect to WiFi, but you must also perform a task like entering a code. This restriction is typically referred to as Captive WiFi or Captive Portal.
To connect to these types of networks please do the following:
- Connect to Wifi
- Wait for a Web view page to open up
- Follow the instructions on screen and hit Back/Done at the top left corner of the screen when finished.
- You should now be connected to the Internet.
Note if Step 2 doesn't occur automatically then either
- Connection was already established
- The web page did not automatically come up
In both cases, please go to the Menu --> Connections screen to check your connection or force the Web page to appear.
Also note that these types of Internet connections may not be permanent - meaning the network may force you to re-enter a code every few days in order to maintain the connection. In this case it might be worthwhile to contact the Hotel or Community's Network Administrator team and have them "Whitelist the MAC Address of the device". They will know what this means. To find your MAC address look at the top of the Wifi screen underneath "Choose a Wi-Fi Network".