Note: This feature will be live in Mar 2019
As people send more and more photos to the frame, it becomes harder and harder to view the new ones as they get mixed into the old ones. With as little as 200 photos, it can be difficult to know when new photos have arrived.
PhotoSpring has implemented a New Photos Indicator to make it easier to tell when photos have arrived. When new photos or videos have been downloaded by the frame a green dot will appear in the upper right corner of a variety of screens. This dot indicates new photos have arrived and have not yet been seen. Once the new photos or videos have been viewed then the alert will clear and the green dot will disappear.
How to View Your New Photos/Videos
- Slideshow: The first place you will see an indicator that new photos have arrived is in the slideshow. A green dot will appear in the upper right corner of the slideshow screen. Tap the screen to reveal the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If the green dot in the slideshow is distracting, you can turn it off through the Show Message Indicator setting in the Slideshow settings.
- Menu Button: The menu button will also have a green dot. Tap the menu button to reveal the Menu Popup.
- Menu Popoup: At the top of the menu popup you will see an alert "You have new photos." along with a Tap to View button. Tap the Tap to View button to open the New Arrivals Screen.
- New Arrivals Screen: The new arrivals screen lists all the photos and videos that have been downloaded by the frame ordered by most recent arrival.
- Once you are done viewing the new arrivals you can exit the screen by tapping the button in the upper left hand corner.
Albums Can Now Be Sorted By Arrival Time
PhotoSpring will also allow you to sort photos by arrival time. See the sorting help page for more information.
Tags: new videos, photos arrived, alert new photos, how to tell when new photos have downloaded or arrived