The New Photos Indicator makes it easier to know when new photos or videos have arrived. When new photos or videos have been downloaded by the frame a green dot will appear in the upper right corner of the screens. This dot indicates new photos have arrived and have not yet been seen. Once the new photos or videos have been viewed then the alert will clear and the green dot will disappear.
Where to Find the Green Dot Indicator
- Slideshow: The first place you will see an indicator that new photos have arrived is in the slideshow. A green dot will appear in the upper right corner of the slideshow screen. Tap the screen to reveal the menu button in the upper right corner of the screen. Note: If the green dot in the slideshow is distracting, you can turn it off through the Show Message Indicator setting in the Slideshow settings.
- Menu Button: The menu button will also have a green dot. Tap the menu button to reveal the Menu Popup.
Viewing the Latest Photos
When you tap on the menu with the green dot you will see at the top of the menu popup an alert: "You have new photos." Tap the Tap to View button to open a screen to view a History Screen.
The History Screen lists all the photos and videos that have been recently downloaded by the frame. The most recent arrivals are displayed at the top of the screen. Those you haven't seen are marked with the red New banner. The number of photos shown here is the greater of:
- 3 days of photos
- 100 photos
- since the last time the History Screen was viewed.
Once you are done viewing the history you can do one of two things:
- You can exit the screen by tapping the Back button in the upper left hand corner of the screen
- You can tap on any photo to play a slideshow of the Recent Photos Playlist. You can get out of this playlist using the instructions you find here.
Note: you can also find the photos and videos the frame has recently downloaded by going to the Recent Photos Playlist - instructions here.
Tags: new videos, photos arrived, alert new photos, how to tell when new photos have downloaded or arrived