Under normal circumstances it takes about a minute for each photo you send to arrive at the frame. That's 1500 photos a day. Each photo you send needs to travel to the PhotoSpring cloud, go through initial processing, and then travel to the frame where it goes through final processing.
There are a number of factors that can affect the total time process photos:
- Speed of your network connection. A slow network will increase the time it takes to send photos or videos. There are two networks to consider:
- The speed of the connection between your Phone, or Computer and the Internet.
- The speed of the connection between your PhotoSpring frame and the Internet.
- The number of photos/videos being processed by the PhotoSpring system in the cloud. Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays usually see lots of photos being sent to frames. This will slow everything down.
- If you browse or interact with photos while PhotoSpring is downloading and processing photos, it will increase the time to see each photo.
- Time - some days or times of day can affect the speed at which photos are processed by the cloud. We try to have enough resources to cost effectively serve your photos. Here are times when you may experience congestion in the cloud:
- Weekends are slower
- Evenings are slower
- Holidays are slower
- Photos may not be uploading -
- If you are using a PhotoSpring app for your smartphone or computer, the app needs to be running in order for photos to upload. To make sure this is happening, just open the app. Then you can continue doing other tasks on your device.