By default, PhotoSpring will allow users to access all the screens on the frame. However there are times when you may want to prevent people from going beyond the Slideshow screen. For example, you may want to lock out those pesky toddlers who may accidentally delete your most precious photos!
Fortunately, PhotoSpring allows you to lock the frame onto the Slideshow as an option. When this option is turned on, users will still be able to swipe forward and back to browse photos. However they will not be allowed to access any other screens.
When the Slideshow screen is locked, tap the screen quickly three times with one finger to unlock it.
To turn this feature on, please take the following steps.
- Tap on the Menu Button from either the Photo Info Screen, or the Playlist Screen by tapping on the menu button:
- Select Settings from the Menu that appears.
- Once in the Settings Screen you will see a set of buttons at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Slideshow button to get to the Slideshow Settings Screen.
- The Slideshow screen will have many options. Go down the list until you see "LOCK SLIDESHOW SCREEN". It will indicate whether this setting is ON or OFF. Tap ON/OFF to make changes to this setting.
- If you turn this feature on, you will be asked to triple tap the screen quickly with one finger to demonstrate you know how to unlock this feature if needed.
- When complete just go back and your settings will be saved.
Lock screen, lock slideshow, security, lock display, unlock screen, unlock display, unlock slideshow, can't get out of slideshow, stuck in slideshow