PhotoSpring Share Groups provides a great way to manage and share photos for participants and parents of team sports. Whether you're a parent of a child participating in little league, or soccer - or an adult playing in your local hoops league, PhotoSpring makes it easy to share photos with the entire team.
PhotoSpring Share Groups is a free service provided by PhotoSpring. With PhotoSpring's photo sharing service you can:
- Create a share group where friends and family and share photos and videos with each other, and to PhotoSpring frames
- Access the photos and videos with no signup required and no apps to download. Access the photos from the group for the first time in under 2mins.
- Create one or more albums with in the group to stay organized.
- Contibute photos and videos for others in the group to view.
- Share photos added to the group to one or more PhotoSpring digital photo frames
- Download photos from the group album.
To get started follow these instructions.
Step 1: Create your group
Go to share.photospring.com and fill out the form to create your group. We need your name, email and a group name.
A link will be sent to the email you provided. Use the link from the email to access your group. Save this link for future reference. It is the only way for you to access your group in the future.
Step 2: Share the Link or QR Code with your team
In Step 1 you created a group. Now it's time to invite the team to join your group. PhotoSpring assigns each group a QR code and link which you can share with others. You can send the link to your team via email and/or print the QR code and let people scan it with their phones.
To get the QR code go to the group (via the link we sent to your email in Step 1) and click on the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen. Then click on the Print QR button in the upper right corner of the popup. You can then download the QR code to your computer or take a screenshot of it.
To get the link go to the group (via the link we sent to your email in Step 1) and click on the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen. Then click on the Copy Link button in the upper right corner of the popup. You can then copy the link and email/text it to your team.
Each person will be taken to a quick signup page when they:
- Click on the link you sent them or
- Scan the QR code with any smart phone
The signup page (above) is similar to the one you filled out in Step 1. Each person needs to enter their name and email to identify themselves. PhotoSpring will respond with an email containing a link to access the album. They should bookmark this link or save the email. This link will allow them to download/upload photos, and invite others to the group.
Step 3: Create an Album
To add photos, you first must create an album. Click on the Create Album button as shown below to create an album.
Once you have created an album you can add photos to the album by following the onscreen instructions.
To add more photos and videos to an existing album
- Go to the Group page. This was sent via email in Step 1 for Owners or Step 2 non-owners
- Click one of the albums displayed. In this case we are going to click on the Gm 1: vs Marlins album
- Click on the Upload button in the upper right corner.
This takes you to a new page where you can drag/drop photos/videos into the album or tap the Add button to access your camera roll/file system.
Step 4: Optional for PhotoSpring frame owners: Connect a PhotoSpring Digital Frame as a Recipient
You can add a PhotoSpring frame as a recipient to the group. When added as a recipient, all photos in the group will be automatically downloaded by the frame. To add a PhotoSpring digital frame go to the group page and click on the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen. Then click on the +Frame button in the upper right corner of the popup and enter your frame's six character frame code.
To access your frame's frame code: