PhotoSpring allows you to email photos to the frame by attaching them to an email and sending them to an email address you can configure. Click here to learn how you setup the Frame Email address and send photo to the frame.
If you have sent photos to the frame via email and they haven't arrived please note the following troubleshooting tips:
- Check that the email address you are sending photos to is correct and doesn't have a typo. It should be [something]@emailphotospring.com where [something] is some name you configured during setup. You can check what the email address for the frame is in two ways
- From the frame, go to Menu-->Frame Email
- If you have a PhotoSpring account and are an owner of the frame log in to my.photospring.com. Click on Manage Frame-->Your Frames. Find the frame you are sending photos to and click on the down arrow to reveal what the frame's email address is.
- Check your email outbox to make sure the photos are not waiting to be sent. Some email clients will hold emails in an outbox and wait for an Internet connection before sending.
- Check that the frame email is enabled.
- From the frame, go to Menu-->Frame Email and make sure the switch is green. If not, then your frame is not accepting emails. Go to list link to learn how to enable sending photos to the frame.
- If you have a PhotoSpring account and are an owner of the frame log in to my.photospring.com. Click on Manage Frame-->Your Frames. Find the frame you are sending photos to and click on the down arrow to reveal what the frame's email address is. If the frame isn't accepting emails this field will say "Not Set". See instructions above on how to enable this on the frame.
- The total photos/videos attached is too big. Your email provider will have sending limits. If you exceed these limits the emails will not be sent. To check your limit do a Google search for "[your email provider] max attachment size". For example if you use aol then search Google for "aol max attachment size".
- Photos are being sent as a link. PhotoSpring will not accept links to photos so please do not use links. If your total photo size is too large, some email clients will ask if you want to use a link. If you use a link PhotoSpring will just ignore it.
- The attached photos/videos are not in a supported format. We support the most common photo and video formats. If you attach photos outside of the supported formats you should get an email bounce back to you. Check your SPAM/Junk folder to see if we sent a bounce message.
If none of these seem to help contact our support help desk.